Effective Date: January 1, 2020
We are also committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests, please contact us at (833) 971-0574 or Privacy(at) Aptimized dot com.
Information We Collect
• Personal Information provided by you (such as via a profile uploaded to our Site or a job application sent using our Site) or collected from third party sources as described below.
• Publicly available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
• Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
• Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Sites.
• Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your profile or in the manner described below.
• Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites.
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
• Technical information about your use of our sites or apps, as described below.
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
Many people invest significant time and energy to promote their professional reputation through public forums on the Internet. We gather information relevant to your career history and work experience from these widely dispersed publicly available sources, including social media sites you may be part of, forming a "Profile." We make this Profile available to independent and company-specific recruiters for recruitment leads in a database known as "Aptimized Recruitment." Although we may generate a Profile about you based on publicly available information even if you do not have a Aptimized account, we also will include the information that you provide to us via your Aptimized account. Use of these Profiles are limited to recruitment lead generation and may not be used for determinations about employment or other eligibility. You can learn more about our Aptimized Recruitment product at in the employer pages on Aptimized.com. If you would prefer that we not compile and make this information available to recruiters, you can opt-out of this service here.
If you decide to download one of our Apps, and if you authorize us to do so, we will collect your social media profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names. You may be asked to enter this information directly, or we can automatically collect it by syncing to your social media profiles. We request this information so that we may automate completion of registration forms or job applications with information stored in your social media profile. In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons or as provided to the app by your device’s operating system, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect automatically via the Sites can include:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
Note that your Personal Information may also be automatically collected, and used, as described in the "Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers" section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• Register, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
• Provide products or services you request.
• Maintain your profile and/or Profile and make it available to recruiters through our products and services as described below in “Information We Share.”
• Supplement your Profile with publicly available information.
• Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
• Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
• Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you based on your interests as expressed previously through your job search behavior and preferences.
• Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
• Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
• Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
• Analyze trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally, and provide these analytics to customers of certain Aptimized products and services.
• Optimize our site search engine results and permit search engine access to public Profile information.
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
• Enforce our Sites’ Terms and Conditions.
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We also use certain technical information about your computer or other device and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
Information We Share
Standard Posting on the Searchable Database
When you post your profile to the Sites, it will automatically be visible to employers unless you opt out of this default option and make your profile private (described below). The standard posting option gives you the most visibility to the broadest recruiter audience possible by making your profile searchable in our profile database. If you select this option, any registered company (or individual recruiter) user who purchases access to the database can view your profile and contact details (to the extent you include them in your profile). Private Posting Private posting prevents your profile from being searchable by recruiters in the Aptimized profile database. The benefit of uploading a private profile is that you can quickly and easily apply for specific jobs with the profile that you have on file without retyping your information. We attempt to limit access to our searchable databases to legitimate users but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to these searchable databases. While we limit access and use of information from our products and services in our Terms and Conditions, we cannot control the use of information by third parties once they obtain that information from our products and services or other publicly available sources. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your profile or to a public website—regardless of whether you elect a standard posting or a private posting.
Review, Update or Delete Your Account Information or Profile
Aptimized takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliable for its intended use; as well as being current, accurate, and complete. However, information is collected from a variety of sources, and cannot be guaranteed to be current, accurate or complete, and in particular, we are not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of information whose source Aptimized does not control. As part of our efforts to maintain Personal Information which is reasonably accurate, current, and complete; we need your help. You can update your profile directly on our Site. If you know that your Personal Information which you have provided to us is no longer accurate or complete, and you cannot update or correct the data via the Sites, please let us know by contacting us via the point of contact described below. You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online Aptimized account or remove your profile from our profile database at any time by logging into your account and making the necessary changes. You may also delete your account, including your Personal Information and any profiles, from our profile database at any time by logging in to your account and making an account deletion request. Deleting your Aptimized account will remove your Personal Information and profiles from our profile database. However, it will not delete your Aptimized Recruitment Profile. You must specifically request the deletion of your Aptimized Recruitment Profile by opting out here. You may also request a copy of your Aptimized Recruitment Profile to review, edit or update by contacting us at privacy(at) Aptimized dot com. Please note that when you request the deletion of your Profile, we will use the email address you provide in the opt-out process to match you to your Profile. Therefore, you will need to submit your request using the email address listed on your Profile or we will not be able to complete your request.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Aptimized. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Aptimized, any use of those sites, or those sites' privacy practices.
International Data Transfers
How We Protect Personal Information
Aptimized maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical policies, procedures and safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private or secure. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites. To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Aptimized account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Aptimized account username or password via email.
California Privacy Rights and Disclosures
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business' disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of any of the Sites, you can request a copy of this information from Aptimized by sending an email to the Customer Service Center or a letter to Aptimized at 155 US Highway 46 West, Suite 108 Wayne, NJ 07470, Attention: Customer Service. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests. CCPA Rights. This California Privacy Rights and Disclosure section addresses legal obligations and rights specified in the California Consumer Privacy Act, or CCPA. The following chart describes the categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you in the past 12 months and, for each category, where and why we collected it, and the categories of entities with which we shared the Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights to Request Disclosure of Information We Collect and Share about You
California residents may have the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to Personal Information. In particular, you can request the following:
• The categories of your Personal Information that we've collected.
• The specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
• The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
• The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold Personal Information.
• The categories of third parties with which we shared Personal Information.
You can submit a request to us for the following additional information:
• The categories of third parties to whom we've sold Personal Information, and the category or categories of Personal Information sold to each.
• The categories of Personal Information that we've shared with service providers who provide services for us, like processing your bill.
To exercise your CCPA rights with request to this information email us at Privacy(at) Aptimized dot com. These requests for disclosure are generally free however some detailed reports could contain a charge. Your Right to Request the Deletion of Personal Information Upon your request, we will delete the Personal Information we have collected about you, except for situations when that information is necessary for us to: provide you with a product or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or use the information internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to us, or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us. To exercise your right to request the deletion of your Personal Information email us at Privacy(at) Aptimized dot com.
Your Right to Ask Us Not to Sell Your Personal Information